Why does it matter?
Attendance has a major impact on your child’s academic performance and their onward pathway into adult life.
Our target at The Links Academy St Albans is 100% Attendance.
What are the legal responsibilities of parents?
To ensure that your child is educated at school
What does this actually mean?
Your child must:
- Attend school regularly
- Arrive at school on time
- Be suitably clothed for school
- Be equipped, ready and be prepared to learn
- Actively participate and engage in the process or learning, taking responsibility for THEIR education
Your child must not be kept away from school for:
- Family holidays
- Looking after brothers or sisters
- Minding the house
- Visiting relatives
- Long weekends
- Shopping trips
If you keep your child away from school for any of the above reasons you are breaking the law.
Why do children not attend school?
There are many reasons why children fail to attend school:
- Problems with school work
- Fear of failure
- Peer group pressures
- Family problems
- Lack of parental control
Talk to us if you are having difficulty getting your child into school. We can work together to resolve the problem!!